Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Awesmazing Meetup :D

After begging my amma jee for days, she finally gave me permission to go to the KarachiTips team's meetup today. It was even more awesome than I had first anticipated. Even though I had planned to leave my place by 10, I left by 10.30 am which made me reach the venue 10 minutes late. I met my friend at the gate and went to the room the meetup/meeting was already going on. Bilal and Abdullah were talking about the journey KarachiTips had made up till now. Introducing myself(which was a bit awkward for me :\ ) we sat there listening to what the co-founders had to say. Then came Baakh and told a bit about herself. The co-founders went on telling about all the awesome ideas they, the cool people they have met and loads of other stuff. Though in the middle being mu-phat (according to Ali) I kinda embarrassed myself. Minutes later, we were given  task of coming up with two tips per group (which were three). Every group shared some awesome tips which will most probably be refined and uploaded on the KarachiTips page as I think the K-tips Blog Team's special. Damn this sounds more like a report then a bolgpost. Anyhoo, we had pizza for lunch(courtesy of the co-founders) <- mufta :D and everyone met the people they've been talking on the blog team ka group with. We had a talented photographer Saad, who was taking amazing photos I'm sure of the whole session with his minions helping around :P. We discussed the team's name and after brainstroming for a while Karachifiers was selected (which will be reviewed first ofcourse) Though it was quite funny when while trying to write another suggestion on the board Abdullah fell off of the chir and the whole room strted laughing at him to which he calmly replied to by saying "Main tou neechay hi behta tha " (lol I hope i remembered his exact words :P) and then we had the epic fail moment when in the excitement of it all Bilal said "Motuh to mouth" when he actually meant to say " word of mouth" which Hira corrected. We also got to meet the cool Rj aapi Umme Kulsoom who had amazing stuff to share and after discussing ideas (the co-founders were doing most of the talking) everyone was divided into groups for the writers (Yeay!! Us), the photographers and the designers. Everyone had real creative ideas which were discussed in the respective groups and than shared with everyone. Oooo!! and all of us got the preview the AWESOME new KarachiTips ki website. So anyways I got to meet realllyy awesome people today like AliSaadHareemShahzalSadiyaUsamaHiraZain and everyone else (sorry if I forgot to tag :\ ) I am seriously still high on the excitement today and I cant wait until this team starts to get do some work in real in a few days. Today was just freaking AWESMAZING <3 and I found the co-founders and everyone who was there to be meri tarhan k. It was freaking cool how so many diverse people were making friends and were being so good to each other. Saad made the whole environment lighter by cracking jokes in the middle of a convo and how can I forget mimicking me :D though it was annoying I enjoyed every bit of it. Anyways right now I have to go watch Humsafar ( Ashar <3) so there it is all the cool stuff we did today :D

5 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your SWEET voice :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesmazing post. :D ^I agree about your sweet voice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great meeting you dear! Thanks for mentioning :)GOD bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^I dont have you on twitter or would have tagged you too :\

    ReplyDelete